Santander Consumer - Sandanter - Overcharging
I too have been having problems with Santander Consumer USA. My orginal loan was through Citifinancial Auto. In September 2010 i was sent a letter stating i Santander would be the third-party servicer for part of its auto loan/retail installment contract portfolio. As part pf this transaction you auto loan/retail installment contract is still owned by CitiFinancial Auto but will be serviced by Santander Consumer USA effective 9/6/10.
In the letter it stated my original financed amount: $20,899.70 and my balance remaining $16,114.97 and the maturity date of 3/23/2013. Since receiving this letter I have been paying $479.00 per month which I calucated to $4790.00 that I have paid in the last 10 months. When I called for a payoff amount they gave the amount of $14,285.00. So all that money i paid only $1829.00 was applied to my remaining balance.
I've contacted Santander and asked for a payment history. I also tried getting online to check my account but of course I can't get into it. So they told me they would fax me the payment history and reset my log in. Is there anyway to get out of this company. I'm paying extra on something I should be paying. Any suggestions or advice? I have read all the complaints about this company and now its got me worried.12865358 review #254288
You may also like
- "I have a vehicle finance with CNAC, I have been intimidated by the recent collection activity, whereas the Collection Manager Shondell Gaudette has use text messaging from her personal cell..."
- "I'M 53 YEARS OLD AND I NEVER EXPERIENCED ANY COMPANY THAT DIDN'T WANT TO SEE PEOPLE GET FURTHER. I RESENTLY APPLIED FOR A REFI ON MY CAR WITH WELLS FARGO..."
- "I was in a bad car accident that totaled my car on October 1st. (Accident was not my fault). At the time of the accident my loan balance was about..."
- "chisolm trail rv in albuquerque improperly installed a truck camper on my truck. the 2 front happijacs fell off as i was drving home, the camper almost fell off..."
- "DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! Needing an extra bed in my home for occasional use, I searched the Internet for Murphy Beds. I found a company..."
- "I purchased a Kwikset Smart Key lever from the Signature Series to replace a handle that the finish had worn off. Upon disassembling my old lever, I proceeded to..."
- "Purchased Lane 100% leather sofa and loveseat (Hemispheres collection) in 2010. Faded spots have started to appear on the backs of both items (I realize the backs aren't leather..."
- "I enjoy DirectTV services, no interruptions or cuts. I guess for some it works for others it doesn't. For the ones having issues try calling them constantly so they understand..."
- "My wife recently bought a 2011 BMW X5. After she signed the papers Stephen (the sale manager) informs her that the vehicle needs to be taken to the shop..."