I too have been having problems with Santander Consumer USA. My orginal loan was through Citifinancial Auto. In September 2010 i was sent a letter stating i Santander would be the third-party servicer for part of its auto loan/retail installment contract portfolio. As part pf this transaction you auto loan/retail installment contract is still owned by CitiFinancial Auto but will be serviced by Santander Consumer USA effective 9/6/10.
In the letter it stated my original financed amount: $20,899.70 and my balance remaining $16,114.97 and the maturity date of 3/23/2013. Since receiving this letter I have been paying $479.00 per month which I calucated to $4790.00 that I have paid in the last 10 months. When I called for a payoff amount they gave the amount of $14,285.00. So all that money i paid only $1829.00 was applied to my remaining balance.
I've contacted Santander and asked for a payment history. I also tried getting online to check my account but of course I can't get into it. So they told me they would fax me the payment history and reset my log in. Is there anyway to get out of this company. I'm paying extra on something I should be paying. Any suggestions or advice? I have read all the complaints about this company and now its got me worried.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Loan
- Review category
- Financial Services
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "We fired Caplaw, P.A. because they solicited us for a Home Modification in our home state, where they are not licensed. They also promised us a 90% chance we'd..."
- "It is with regret for now we are unable to post our identities’ as we all pray to God our day will come soon, we collectively succeed in suing for..."
- "Not sure how many people read the paper these days...but today in the Bourbonnais, Illinois Daily Journal a story line caught my eye...'IL residents snap up U.S. State Silver Bars'...."
- "I started using wen and notice my hair was falling out i have a bald spot on the top of my head..."
- "Worst customer service ever, weeks of dealing with this ***. Never ordering again...."
- "We come to Furr's in Albuquerque on San Mateo. The food and service was bad tonight. We did not get any refills and the food was old. We only had..."
- "I posted a full in depth Disney Movie Club on my site about a month ago and it has gained some traction. I was skeptical about the Disney Movie Club,..."
- "She scam my wife $15k for so called marketing that didnt work. We got zero customers. She showed my wife stats that didnt make sense and was a complete waste..."
- "I totally agree with most of the reviews. I am currently a tenant with ah4r for the past 3 years. I can't wait until my lease is up. I recently..."