Santander Consumer - SANTANDER AUTO FINANCING

Issue not resolved
Sep 11, 2010
review #198017

I have recently read all the complaints against Santander USA and cannot believe what I am reading.Apparently, everyone who has a complaint against this company must have had other circumstances for them to justify their actions.

I have been a customer of this company for a short time, and have had ONLY the best of service and cooperation from them. My phone calls have been answered immediately, and I have always gotten a pleasant person on the other end to help me with my financing needs. They are always pleasant and very helpful and fully knowledgeable. I would HIGHLY recommend SANTANDER USA to anyone who would ask my opinion of this company.

They have worked with us and have bent over backwards in order to help us in our time of need.

c09f456
Had an experience with Santander Consumer?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Moneyhogs

Oct 03 Stockton, California

Then you are one of the rare and lucky ones to have a good experience. I wish I could say the same! I would not recommend them to any one and they need to go back where they came from!!

law suit in the making

Jul 24

clearly you work for the company. LOL.

1 0 Reply
SHAME ON THEM

Jul 19, 2013

DO HOW DO WE START A CLASS ACTIONLAW SUIT, THEY ARE TRYING TO ROB US BLIND WITH THE B.S OF OVER PAYING OUR ACCOUNTS THAT ARE BEING TRANSFERRED TO THEM.

shame on them

Jul 19, 2013

this company is a rip off, my loan also was transferred to Santander, I have pd all that I to pay now they say that I owe an additional $4000, my maturity date was 07/15/2013 and since Dec 20,12 all I oewd was $4200, now they are stating that I owe additional pmts, crooks for sure.

Brenda Bean

Jan 04, 2012

Well I am on the list of people that hate this company!!!!! My loan was also with Citifinancial. I have tried to work with them but today I got notice that I have a certified letter from them. I tried to call the # and go ahead and make a payment BUT they would not accept my payment over the phone they say that I have to make at least 3 payments....... I am only behind Dec. Payment. I have proof that all my payments have been made since they took over except Dec. WTH is going on.... I am going to contact the BBB about these Crooks..... I never got notice that my loan was being sold, i just got a notice from Santander that my payment was late....I did not know who they were and when I called they were VERY rude to me.

laghinghard

Dec 08, 2011

The person up above works for them because anyone dealing with them knows how they are. Straght up crooks!!!

18.9% APR

Oct 28, 2011

My loan was transferred from Citi Financila to SANTANDER,without notice. I am still paying for the same care after 5 years and I still owe 26.000.Late payments are 13.50/day...this is robbery.

Customer

Sep 03, 2011

Drug Dealing Illegals Commuinst Bastards. They work with Communist Spanish!

SassyisTicked

Aug 29, 2011

How cute!! I did the same thing for the company I WORKED for American Income Life. But stop lying!!! Your company steals, and uses shady business practicing.Hope you will get unemployement. I smell a CLass ACtion coming soon!!!!

InTExas

Jun 20, 2011

I am appauled how all of us are struggling to make ends meet and Santander shows no mercy. If you make your payment over the phone they charge you extra, if you pay online, they charge you extra, if you late on payment due to unexpected events, you are charged a ridiculous late fee. On top of that my loan between me and HSBC has my car paid off in May 2014. Now that Santander has the account, tney have tacked on two more years! Mind you, this is a 2006 car I am talking about. I've tried over 6 mothhs to get this issue resolved and am told that is just the way it is and to keep my car, I have to pay until that time! ***! I'm in the process of hiring an attorney to get this sorted out for me. Trust me, I will NEVER do business with these money starved bastards again.

Good luck to the rest of you!

SHAME ON THEM

Jul 19, 2013

THIS IS THE SAME THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO ME,HOW DO WE STAT A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT IN AM IN

LS_HB_CA

Jan 22, 2011

My loan was through Citifinancial until Santander took over.... I NEVER had any issues until the transition, now I have had nothing but problems!! Supposedly I missed a payment 6 months back, which was not the case, so they tacked on an extra mid month payment and reported it to the Credit Bureau!! Then I ask to have my next payment deferred because I couldn't afford basically 3 payments within 3 weeks time and the told me that was fine, then 3 weeks later I get a call saying I am past due, deferment was denied, and it has AGAIN been reported to the Credit Bureau!! Ironically I was never informed it was denied, rather I was told "everything was taken care of". The minute I have the opportuniy to sell this car and get out of this loan I will, and I will NEVER use this company again!

mdodhurkj

Jan 19, 2011

I don't ever write letters or e-mails. But... I have never spoken to so many incompetent people. None of the customer service reps. ever said the same thing. A supervisor advised me not to make a payment until further paper work was prossed therefore causing my veh. to be reposessed. STAY AWAY FROM "SATAN"DER

Laid off

Jan 14, 2011

I am laid off and need a little time and they wont extend it! I feel like filing Chapter 7 and added this bs to it! In this day/age tthey should be glad to get anything/the amount I owe is ridiculous! I need to look over statements b/c Im not buying it! They suck and so does the service.

your stupid!!!

Jan 13, 2011

You are a fool! yu have no idea about this rip off company, but you will learn. they have so many complaints because they suck and steal your money.

HaroldB

Jan 04, 2011

These people are the worst in the world. They repo'd my car after several nonths of telling them they had overcharged me and thie rrecords wer wrong. I sent them a certified letter asking for explanation of the charges,asked then to quit calling my job. Reported to my states AG and the Texas AG's office and the FTC. I just got a letter from them saying they had overcharged me. I am looking for a lawyer to sue them as I am writing

Steve

Dec 29, 2010

My HSBC auto loan was transitioned over to Santander with ease. But the nightmare started when trading in my vehicle. The dealerships finance dept paid-off the balance and I had requested Santander to cancel my automatic payments. But Santander continued to charge me for a vehicle I did not own. Customer service people seem foreign-based, scripted, and very difficult to understand. They refused to help me until they received a fax of my bank statement and a written letter. Ultimately, I had to request a stop-payment with my bank and dispute it while incurring a fee from the bank.

jb

Oct 12, 2010

There are enough complaints to have their policies and procedures investigated. The officer who assisted with the violation of our property and violation of a civil law has been reported to the Police Office of Investigation. Actions has to be taken why their are politicians in the Whitehouse who care about the Middle Class. Santander and Wall Street have been allowed to establish policies that protect them in robbing and bankrupting the middle class. By charging late fees, late payments on your credit report, they are able to charge ridiculous interest rates and fees.

jb

Oct 12, 2010

Our daughter died, her car was financed with Citibank, during negotiations with Citi to pay cash/blue book value for the lemon sold to her, they sold the car to Santander. Knowing that our daughter was recently deceased, Santander would call asking to speak with her and refused to negotiate with us. Instead they charged late fee and interest on a deceased customers vehicle.

Yesterday, they sent guys from Renovo of Grand Rapids, two trucks, who went door to door my neighbors, instead of knocking at our door. Later that evening one approached our home, no paperwork, telling me to open the locked gate so that they could repo her car. He called the police and said that I pointed a gun at him. I had also called the police to have him removed from our property.

The law states that locked property cannot be entered to repossess a vehicle in MI. The female officer, disregarded the law/civil issues and order me to unlock the gate and they took her car.

k

Oct 11, 2010

I have spent an entire afternoon attempting to access their website, for billing history, to no avail..even after speaking with them, they demanded payment, several different amts, would only review my bill over the phone and tell they don't do IT work, to re-set passwords despite what their website says

1-20 of 25 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Santander Consumer.
Filing a new complaint about
×