Why does'nt Santander Consumer USA offer deferment ?

Feb 08, 2011
review #220486

I have a truck financed by Citi Auto, which was bought out by Santander....well long story short my husband lost his job, and Ive requested a deferment for a month because in my contract I am allowed up to 8 times to have a deferment for the life time of the loan.So I call and all they keep saying is our Company does not have any deferments right now!!!

Really...so now I am going to have a late payment reported to my credit, until I can make payment with income tax return. I told them how can you offer something that you cannot provide??

when I really need it I am not allowed to use it?This company is ridiculous, it's as if they want me to default, when it could of been prevented.

ac32a0d
Had an experience with Santander Consumer?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Fourth year on five year Santa

Sep 01, 2012

They didn't give me any trouble. I changed the due date on the 3rd year of my loan, and that gave me an extra month to pay. You can do that once per loan. Then just recently I requested a two month defferment. I wasn't behind in payment. I told them I have less hours at work, and I need time to catch up. They said I could pay half of my auto loan, and I told them I wasn't able. They reviewed my request for two weeks, then said it was approved when I called back. It was a hassle free experience.

annette

Apr 21, 2011

santander mispresents themselves so that they can get the money owed. i asked for a deferment since i was no longer working but planned to be soon. the supervisor, sophia bloom said to make a "good faith payment" of half the car loan and then to call back at the end of the month, "to see what they offer".

meanwhile, santander reps call every 3 days to ask about you making the payment. basically, it's simple. when i call back at the end of the month, they will give the same song and dance, which is make payment, we don't have anything right now... and they never will... that is obviously not their function since this car loan was sold from citifinancial to them... they are not going to make any arrangements whatsoever, except, when and how much are you paying.

so people please don't believe the hype and lies. i hope this helps someone.

ron

Mar 04, 2011

my understanding contracts are to be honored by who ever buys them. Contracts can not be changed without the buyers approval.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Santander Consumer.
Filing a new complaint about
×